The Golf. The legacy continues
The Golf is the vehicle that has shaped its own class for generations. Now it's setting a new milestone for the next generation with little additions to the iconic design, intuitive technology and evolutionary safety features. The benchmark just keeps getting better.
The hatch that suits every lifestyle
The popular one. The Golf
Features & Design
Our most popular hatch has been an icon on New Zealand roads for many years. With clean lines and perfect proportions, the Golf has kept its classic European styling whilst transforming to suit todays modern lifestyle. The Golf is truly a pleasure to drive.
Puts on a display
With perfect proportions, clean lines and unmistakable Volkswagen styling, the latest Golf marks the next step in the evolution of this model, boasting a striking level of design.
Never out of style
Stepping into the Golf, you immediately feel a balance of comfort, style and ergonomics. The driver-focused dashboard delivers on fluid functionality, and with Vienna leather appointed upholstery3, and brushed chrome trim on the instrument dials, air vents, and gear shift lever, it's a sporty type of luxury you'd expect from a Volkswagen Golf.
Quick and efficient
The Golf is unexpectedly a fuel efficient car. It houses a highly-responsive turbocharged 1.4L TSI engine, which delivers 110kW of power and 250Nm of torque. And with super low fuel consumption of 5.7L/100km for manual and only 5.4L/100km for DSG, you get the best of both worlds where performance meets efficiency4.
4. Fuel consumption figures according to Australia Design Rule (ADR) 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
Your Golf will keep you safe
The Golf is packed with safety features and assistance programmes to ensure that your drive is both safe and stress free.
As safe as safe can be
You'll be glad you're in a Golf if something goes wrong. Feel protected with seven airbags as standard, including front, front side, front and rear curtain, and driver's knee.
Driver Fatigue Detection
The Golf comes with this potentially life saving system, which evaluates steering movements and other independant signals to determine if the driver is fatigued. If detected, the system then warns the driver with an alarm and a visual alert on the multi-function display, and recommends the driver take a break2.
Electromechanical Parking Brake & Auto Hold
Give your foot a break
A button now conveniently replaces the conventional handbrake in the Golf. Plus with Auto Hold, as your car comes to a stop, the ABS hydraulic unit holds the electric brakes, allowing you to comfortably take your foot off the pedal.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Make each journey cruisy
Adaptive Cruise Control5 lets you set the speed you want to travel, and the distance you want to leave between you and the car in front, making those long-haul drives so much easier2.
Style or Performance? Have both!
The Volkswagen Golf features a powerful turbocharged engine (TSI) to ensure excellent drivability while maintaining European style through its well proportioned smooth lines.
Whether you’re after seamless car Bluetooth® to make calls or listen to your own music, the Golf has you covered with the latest infotainment technology. The brilliant high-resolution touchscreens offers you a variety of features to explore, and App-Connect6 allows you to seamlessly connect selected apps your smartphone.
Driver Personalisation Function
As you please
The optional Driver Personalisation Function7 in the Golf takes driving to a whole new level. Set your preferred driver settings, air conditioning, radio station, safety assistance and more, and save them directly to your car key. Even with multiple drivers, the Golf will remember you and adjust its settings accordingly, making for a personalised driving experience every time.
Active Info Display
Say goodbye to analogue and hello to digital with the optional Active Info Display8. The 12.3" high-definition digital screen puts everything you need right in front of you, with configurable views such as navigation, infotainment, driver assistance and vehicle performance.
It's not magic, it's Keyless Access9. The keyless car entry system is easier than pressing a button. Just approach your vehicle with the keys in your pocket and the car will automatically unlock. Once inside, you can fire up the engine with just a push of a button.
Features of TSI Comfortline
17" Dijon alloy wheels
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
8" Discover Media Satellite Navigation system
KESSY: Smart key, keyless entry and starting system
Park Distance Control with Rear View Camera
Features of Highline
18" Durban alloy wheels
Sports front seats in "Global/ArtVelours" upholstery
Side Assist incl. Blind Spot Monitor
Climatronic two-zone air conditioning system
Active Info Display
Features of R-Line
18" Sebring alloy wheels
R-Line exclusive exterior
R-Line 'Vienna' leather upholstery
Heated sports front seats, driver's seat electronically adjustable with memory
LED tail lamps in dark red 3D with running indicators
1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
2. Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather